Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Double Digit Miles -- Woo Hoo!

I was able to make it to the group run this morning at Fargo Running Company along with twenty-some others. The weather was gorgeous, in the low twenties with hardly any wind. I was finally able to keep my pace slow enough at the beginning that I didn't burn out before the end of the run. I hung out at the back of the pack. I know that's where I will be on most runs and races. What I lack in speed I make up for in bullheaded determination. Slowly but surely I got my eleven miles in. A new longest run!

The people helping us on today's run were great. Everyone offered encouragement and several ran with me for parts of the route which really helped pass the time. The only downside to having company was our different paces. They had to slow way down to a speed they weren't used to, and I had to try to not go faster than I normally run. Still, it was nice to meet some new people, and the conversations were enjoyable.

I didn't get all of my miles in this week due to a crazy work schedule. I missed Monday's six mile run, but I made sure to get the other runs in. I had to spend a night in Jamestown, North Dakota so I put in six miles just running around the downtown area. Let me tell you there's not much happening in Jamestown at four-thirty in the morning when it is seven below zero outside.


Wednesday mornings temp. after the run



A little frosty (and blurry).

Thursday night was pretty uneventful, just a regular weekday run. My biggest concern was finishing in time to watch The Big Bang Theory (my new favorite show). All-in-all it was a great week. I'm looking forward to the warmer temperatures that are coming. It gives us hope that spring will come.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brother - Your dedication is awesome!! On our website tutorials, they have a whole section called the Tao of the Tortoise - You're living it!
    Stay warm - Dave

    ReplyDelete